Registration for PF / ESI is compulsory for the companies / organizations who employ more than 20 individuals. Also, small organizations which do not have the minimum strength can register themselves voluntarily. Organizations which grow to a strength of 20 members are expected to register themselves within one month of attaining the minimum strength.
After the registration ESI Returns have to be filed twice a year. The following documents are required for the filing of the returns:
1. Name of the company.
2. Date of the setup of the organization.
3. Scanned copy of the company’s PAN (Proprietor’s, in case of proprietorship concern).
4. Scanned copy of the licenses available in the name of the company. (like GST).
5. Scanned copy of cheque of company’s bank account.
6. Address of the company with address proof
7. List of Directors / Partners.
8. Address proof of Proprietor / Director / Partner of the company.
9. Email address, Mobile number of Proprietor / Director / Partner of the company.
10. Copy of First sale bill / Job work bill and First purchase bill.
11. The monthly strength of employees from the date of setup.
12. Current list of employees with their details:
We will collect the details & document required for ESIC registration from you.
After collecting details, we will prepare your application based on the information provided & submit the application Form No – 1 (Employers Registration Form) on your behalf.
ESIC registration Number Allotment
Once the application and the attached supporting documents are verified, , the government will issue a 17 digit unique number.
The employee who is registered under this scheme will provide the employer with the filled form and photographs of his own family members as a part of the process of registration and will get an ESI card after registration.
Any change in the Company or its employees will be intimated to the ESIC.
No. It is not permissible. Any such deduction is a criminal offence.
No. It is specifically barred under section-12 of the EPF & MP Act,1952.
After realising the dues, the PF members will be given full interest for each due month and it will in no way affect the interest due to members on the contributions paid. The employer shall be charged penal interest under section 7Q and penal damages under section 14B of the Act respectively.
No. In the absence of wages & Employer no recovery can be affected. Any contribution by the member must be matched with employer’s share of contribution.
The Employees’ PF Organization will invoke penal provisions of the Act to recover the dues from the employer. Complaint can be lodged with Police under section-406/409 of IPC by the EPFO for action against such employers.
No. It is totally prohibited.
Attachment of Bank Accounts, Realisation of dues from Debtors, Attachment & Sale of properties, Arrest and Detention of the Employer, Action under Section 406/409 of Indian Penal Code and Section 110 of Criminal Procedure Code, Prosecution under section 14 of the EPF & MP Act,1952.